June Foray I Winsor McCay I Ub Iwerks I Special Achievement I Certificate of Merit
There are five honors in the Juried Award categories that give a distinction to individuals who have made significant contributions to the art and industry of animation.
- The June Foray Award is given to individuals who have made a significant and benevolent or charitable impact on the art and industry of animation. For more information, go to the June Foray Award page.
- The Ub Iwerks Award was created and given to individuals or companies for technical advancements that make a significant impact on the art or industry of animation. For more information, go to the Ub Iwerks Award page.
- The Winsor McCay Award is a very special award given to individuals in recognition of lifetime or career contributions to the art of animation in producing, directing, animating, design, writing, voice acting, sound and sound effects, technical work, music, professional teaching, and for other endeavors which exhibit outstanding contributions to excellence in animation. The Winsor McCay Award stands as one of the highest honors given to an individual in the animation industry. For more information, go to the Winsor McCay Award page.
- An Annie Award for Special Achievement in Animation is given to an individual, individuals, or a company for unique and outstanding achievement falling within the Annie Award eligibility period and not recognized within the existing award category structure. This special award would be given by the Board of Directors of ASIFA-Hollywood, only by a unanimous vote, when such recognition is deemed desirable. For more information, go to the Special Achievement Award page.
- Certificates of Merit are awarded to an individual or organization for service to the art, craft, and industry of animation. The Board of Directors of ASIFA-Hollywood, by a two thirds (2/3) majority vote, shall choose one or more Certificate recipients, or at its discretion elect not to award any Certificates. For more information, go to the Certificate of Merit page.